forever.

Friday, September 25, 2009

SuperlativeSelections_Number1 (9-25-09)

Sébastian here with a new bit I'm gonna be throwing out there for everyone on a quite random basis. As Ivan has just launched his Tech House/Minimal Selections (which has already recieved high praise), I felt that I would also bring something new to the table with my brand spankin new SuperlativeSelections. Every once and a while I'll be sharing some of my favorite new tunes from my world of Electronic Music (3 tracks to be exact). This week, I'm tossing out some really great tracks i've just come upon and can't get out of my head, hope you enjoy them as much as I do. Don't forget to support the makers of these musics through purchasing their tunes over at Beatport.

Cheers,

~Séb
Savage Skulls
Miike Snow - Black & Blue (Savage Skulls Remix)
First up is the Savage Skulls version of Miike Snow's amazing original, Black & Blue. I can't begin to express my excitement for how awesome the sound put out in this is, I just can't, the song is literally stuck on repeat for me right now. With the original piano part from the original in full effect, a hypnotic and syncopated snare pattern is brought in leading up to an absolutely fantastic drop with some eclectic sounds flying all around the place. Savage Skulls are definitely bringing some new flavor to the world with what I'd pinpoint as a nostalgic House sound (As per their latest release on Dave Taylor's illustrious Dubsided imprint), and also with fresh sounding bits such as this remix. Keep a tab on these dudes, I definitely feel some good things coming from their neck of the woods.

Filthy Rich
Filthy Rich - Music Is Moving (Big In Ibiza Mix)
Filthy Rich has definitely had his foot in the door for some time now, but it wasn't until recently that I discovered that he was making totally awesome Tech House (before now, I had only thought he was an Electro House producer) . This song undoubtedly has some awesome sounds within, including dark instances with some rising parts that compliment it's subtle yet powerful groove. With this track now in my collection, I'm indeed hoping everyone follows suit and support the tracks this guy is churning out.

Round Table Knights
Round Table Knights - Belly Dance (Original Mix)
Round Table Knights are indeed making the people move with their latest release on Mowgli's Deadfish label, but this isn't their first successful effort that's landed them in the good books of many. For quite some time now, these guys have been keeping a steady pace in showcasing a diverse foreign sound with obvious hints of amazing Tech and Minimal influence. This song inparticular is without a doubt a direct hit on the bulls eye of phenomemal sounding Tech, containing clever accordian parts with a ridiculously catchy vocal part, and some whooshing perc driven goodness. Stay on these lads if you havn't before, and watch for anything they have their name on in the future.

No comments: