forever.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Funkerman brings the FUNK!


As if staring into the eyes of this artist weren't enough, the tunes that he produces will mesmerize and amaze you. Funkerman, real name Ardie van Beek, has been funk-ifying the house music scene since the mid to late 1990's, starting in The Netherlands but slowly reaching the whole globe. Along with Fedde Le Grand and Ardie's friend Raf, they were able to create Flamingo Recordings, a label which is still going strong today. A recent popular release from Flamingo is the infamous Fedde Le Grand & Funkerman - 3 Minutes To Explain with remixes by Patric La Funk and Rene Amesz. The Rene Amesz remix is on point so I will share that and two other Funkerman remixes that I enjoy thoroughly.

Fedde Le Grand & Funkerman - 3 Minutes To Explain (Rene Amesz Mix)
Wonderful track. I love how the vocals slowly fade in the last buildup, dropping into a beat of pure brilliance

Chocolate Puma - Sexy Girl (Funkerman Remix)
I love the noise that he uses in this song that almost sounds like steel drums. That parts got me hooked. Vocals not so hott in my opinion

Onionz feat. Snow - Nothin But Love (Funkerman Remix)
This was released on beatport in late August. These are the kind of vocals I like. Normally I like dub mixes better but this track is such a jam with the hip-hop sounding vocals and robot voice that I had to post up this version

[Files Deleted: More Info]

Support this artist and purchase his tracks on Beatport!

No comments: