forever.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

You've seen the Wild... Time for some Mild!

It goes without saying that here at MildWild we have undoubtedly posted an array of Wild Tracks. As of late some have begun to ask: "Where is the Mild?". Well my friends, today I bring to you a different flavor of post. I have picked three experienced producers from which I will share a Mild Track, followed afterward by a Wild Track. Please remember these songs are not all new, and are intended to give you, the listener, an idea of just how great these artists are at utilizing elements from all aspects of musical styles.

*This could very well become a regular segment here depending on feedback!!

1. Let's Begin with Steve Angello.

Mild: Royksopp - 49% (Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso) [222 VBR]
This song becomes randomly stuck in my head at least once a month. Mild, yet powerful

Mild: Gadjo - So Many Times (Steve Angello Remix) [192]
I couldn't decide whether to post 49% or this track, but I resolved to post this one as well because it is one of his newer releases. Possibly my favorite solo production from Angello. Beautiful guitar riffs and vocals

Wild: Steve Angello, Sebastian Ingrosso, Laidback Luke - Drop It [320]
Although Mr. Angello normally likes to keep things toned down a bit, his collaboration with these other House Mafia gangsters is mind-blowing. They use gnarly synths, sirens, and lots of snare and bass.

2. Told you I'd be posting more: Deadmau5.

Mild: Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar (Deadmau5 Remix) [320]
  [File Deleted: More Info]
There are countless remixes of this song on Beatport and I believe that Deadmau5 does an amazing job of keeping the definitive buildup in the song going, yet rendering the tune soft.

Wild: Deadmau5 - Bye Friend (Original Mix) [320]
Dark and grungy, random noises, heavy bass. What more do you want from us?

3. Last but not least, Malente.

Mild: Malente - I Sell Marihuana (Dr.Rubberfunks Sitar Boogie Remix) [192]
  [File Deleted: More Info]
Now, this is a remix of a Malente track, but seeing as it was my favorite Mild Track out of my bunch of his many, many releases, it was chosen. Great guitar and sitar riffs

Wild: Coburn - Razorblade (Malente Dub Mix) [320]
This will get the party fucking rocking! Great track!

4. 1 Bonus Track (DJ Stryke)

Mild: Skylark - Who Cares (Stryke's Respect Mix) [192]
  [File Deleted: More Info]
I hunted this track down for so god damn long. Great synths and beautiful track in all aspects.

I hope you've enjoyed this brief journey into the far reaches of these artists discographies. Enjoy listening and purchase material from these chaps if you like!

No comments: